kaboom

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:43:08 -0400, "Ricki"
wrote:

The DVP642 is a divx player and is worth fixing, most DVD players won`t
play divx, most likely power supply problem. find another dvp642 and swap
power supplies very easy, even if you can`t fix it you should keep it, a
very common player easy to find parts for.

**It also does a nice job of converting PAL to NTSC and is easily
remote hacked to change the region code. I usually use a good DVD
player for regular DVDs. I only use any of my cheapo PAL/NTSC players
for foreign discs to avoid the extra mileage.

kaboomie