-ex-

Default HV arc question

Set in question is a late model Sharp 25". I'm electronic savvy but not
a TV guy.

It has been really humid here lately and the set has experienced arcing
around the HV connector on the picture tube. Usually it would stop
after a few seconds according to wife and kids.

It has only gotten worse so I checked it out today. There are burnt
traces in the rubber seal and even some etching in the glass immediately
around the connector. I cleaned it up the best I could.

The LONG arcs have stopped now but I still hear some sizzling inside the
connector. What is the proper remedy for this? Is there a HV
insulating coating that should be applied? Replace the rubber cap?

I'll have to mail-order whatever I need so suggestions as to
brands/vendor would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Bill in Puerto Rico