Helmut Sennewald

TRABEM schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news
A butterworth is a butterworth............in any discussion of the
butterworth filter, you will see this schematic.

Asking how I know it's a butterworth is a little like asking how I
know a car is a car.

However, I don't know it all.........perhaps it's closely related to a
butterworth, but called something else???

Let me know if I've made an error please.

Hello T,

a Bessel filter would have the same structure. The value of
the components define what filter type it is.

Bessel: max. flat group delay
Butterworth: max flat frequency response

You can also make a filter with this structure which is anything
between both types.

Best regards,
Helmut