Grant

Default Spur off a spur - making it safe?

Hi,

The previous owner of my house has spurred a double socket off an
existing spurred double socket. I understand that this is against the
current regulations as well as being dangerous because of the potential
for excessive load on the cable to the first spur. To make it safe and
legal I think all I need to do is add a 13A FCU before the first spur.
Is this correct? I can't add them to the ring without disturbing a
nicely sanded floor.

I don't suppose there is such a thing as a combined FCU/double socket to
allow me to just replace the faceplate on the first spurred box (haven't
seen anything like this in the shops so I'm guessing not)? Or, will I
need to add a single box and FCU before the first spur?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
Grant