Battleax

"Leon" wrote in message

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ups.com...
After watching the still unfolding diaster along the Gulf coast, I
can't help but think of all the workshops that were destroyed.

All the tools and the effort that was expended to get them in the first
place...such a waste. It has taken me decades to find and buy the
quality and quantity of tools that I have. To replace them in a
reasonable timeframe and cost is impossible...and I am sure this
applies to many readers here.

Now if you were in the situation to HAVE to start over to rebuild your
shop...what would you buy, where and why?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that those who have been affected
by a loss will appreciate.

Personally while watching the unfolding disaster along the Gulf coast, I
can't help but think about my fellow American and the months and years of
anguish and personal loss of family that he will suffer from.
I think it is way way way too early to even consider worrying about
replacing equipment lost in a flood like the one in NO. Those affected
really have more important considerations to consider like where am I

going
to live, where am I going to go to work, and when will I be reunited with

my
family, just to name a few.
Whether it has taken decades or months to obtain something so trivial as

garage full of tools, those swamped tools mean little when compared to the
real travesty that will continue to unfold. I can assure you that if you
were in their shoes a collection of tools would be far far in the back of
your mind.

This makes no sense. If TooManyTools has lost items in the floods should he
refrain from trying to replace them until all other victims have their lives
together? If so, why?
He is also a victim of the floods and is in the process of rebuilding,
regardless of the extent of his loss.
Leon seems to have taken offense that he is doing so.