Harold and Susan Vordos

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:11:45 -0700, the blithe spirit "Harold and
Susan Vordos" clearly indicated:

Frankly, I'd rather put up with bad breath---or pine scent.

Ewwwwwwwwwwww! You gargle with Pine-Sol?

P.S: I've always loved the smell of matches lighting. Maybe it's the
sulfur lighting up the Devil in me.

I always looked on with disbelief when cigarette smokers would strike a
match and quickly get it to the end of their cigarette before the sulfur

had
burned away. Could it be they get addicted to the burning sulfur?

While I love the smell, that's where it stops. I always watched that
silly stunt (being too stupid to shield it so the toxic gases could
waft away before lighting the other toxic material which you'd ingest)
in horror, too. Yuk! I'm 17 years cig-free.

Congrats! Having been a smoker, and still owning all my pipes, which I
light or very rare occasion, I feel justified in saying there's not a more
stupid habit any thinking individual can acquire----aside from drugs.

As a pipe smoker (no longer), I couldn't stand the taste or smell.

Nor could I. I quickly graduated to a butane lighter.

I had one of those as well-----for pipes------a flame thrower, actually. .
I also had one that worked with lighter fluid. You've seen them, maybe. A
heated tube throws a long flame. Very cool. (Or is that hot?)

Pine-Sol, the multi-use product. :-)

Yum! (not)

Smells good, though.

An amusing anecdote----especially to me. I am on my second marriage,
which has endured over 28 years now, mostly due to a kind and loving woman
that accepts me, warts and all. (poor soul!)

I was never very fond of my ex-in-laws. He was a smoker, in spite of the
fact he hid behind the Mormon Church, and was, in fact, a direct descendent
of Brigham Young. I watched with great enjoyment one day as he stuck a
filtered cigarette in his mouth and lit it. Need I tell you which end he
lit?

He was nothing short of ****ed when I started laughing at him.

Given the chance, I'd have enjoyed watching him do it all over again, never
saying a word to caution him. :-)

Harold