Mark

Do you have a pattern made?

The tricky part is the pattern since there are commercial foundries who
would cast your lathe bed, but prices may not moderate.

Mark
"ottomatic" wrote in message
sorry if this is a repeat, I never saw my first attempt

Anyone out there who could cast an extended bed for one of the
7x10,12,14 Chinise lathes for me?

I would like to get to a capacity of 36 in between centers.

yes, I know they are crap, but one could work fine for me.

I once had a link for someone who did bed castings for very
modest prices, but they seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth.

FWIW, you can buy a bed extension for a comp. small wood lathe,
but even LittleMachineShop doesn't have anything past 14 inches.

Any and all leads, tips, advises would be greatly appreciated.

I live in soutern Ohio

TIA
Otto