Christopher Tidy

Artemia Salina wrote:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:49:57 +0000, Ignoramus21796 wrote:

Forgot to say. I am also mentioned in Wikipedia, in its article
"Internet troll", as creator of newsgroup alt.genius.bill-palmer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Aaaaah, so you're the cat who created that group. I hang out in
another group that gets cross-posts from a.g.b-p whenever Bill "The
Experimental Usenet Writer" Palmer goes off his meds.

Not that I mind or anything; just saying.

Just out of curiousity, how does one go about creating a USENET group?
Presumably anyone who can set up a news server can make groups, but then
they have to persuade other servers to hold the groups?

Chris