"That's what I was talking about! Unless you find the buyer who doesn't

have an agent or whose agent will accept a reduced commission, you
WILL have to pay at least 3% to the buyer's agent. But you're not
paying anything extra to get listed in the MLS. "

What exactly are you referring too? You made the claim that in NJ you
could get into the MLS for a small flat fee. 3% is a small flat fee?

"Unless you find the buyer who doesn't have an agent or whose agent
will accept a reduced commission, you
WILL have to pay at least 3% to the buyer's agent. But you're not
paying anything extra to get listed in the MLS. "

Here in NJ the vast majority are paying another 3%, because they get
into the MLS by going through a regular realtor. Yes, they get more
than just the MLS for the extra 3%, but with the exception of Foxton's,
which has a very small piece of the pie, that's how it's being done.

"NO! It is not; you completely misunderstand what's going on! What
they're going after are regulations that prevent outfits like Foxtons
from operating!In the Realtors' ideal world you will not be allowed
to pay anything less than the full commission (6% in most places).
"

Well, duh! I know perfectly well that the full service realtors are
using the MLS and every other tool they can get their hands on to keep
Foxton and similar outfits locked out of the market so the can continue
to get 6% That is precisely what I was referring to, when I said the
DOJ is trying to crack the lock. From your posts, I don't see what the
current problem would even be, as you claim just about everyone can
list a house on the MLS anywhere for a small flat fee. Yet, I've seen
quite a few posts here from people in various areas of the country
indicating, that like in NJ, that is not the case.