nightjar

Default How much does a 'standard' paving slab weigh?

wrote in message ...
It depends rather whether you put the slabs behind or in front of the
rear wheels. If they're in front of the rear wheels then I think you
can quite legitimately load the car up to its maximum permitted
weight. The car is an XM hatchback, i.e. it's a big car, and I will
lower the back seats and put the slabs where the back seats were.

The MGW assumes that the load is distributed rather more evenly than that.
Personally, I would have the slabs delivered, even though I have a van that
would take the lot in one go.

Colin Bignell