Jay Luke

hah hah! you're such a dink!

"Anthony Berlin" wrote in message
. ..
Yea, I know what they should be, but you're not paying me to install and
set
it up, just as you chose to not pay the service company that told you what
the problem was to begin with either. Short story: Figure it out your
****in' self-thief.

"Jay Luke" wrote in message
Since I bought the house three years ago, the furnace has always operated

as
follows:

- kicks in and blows heat for 30-45 seconds
- fan stops for 10-15 seconds
- repeats this cycle for 30 to 40 minutes, then the fan and the

heating
stop
- 60 to 90 minutes later, starts all over

When I had my furnace vents professionaly cleaned the other day, I asked

the
technician what his thoughts were, and he stated that this behaviour is

due
to a faulty limit switch on the furnace. He quoted a price of $300 plus

tax
to install a new one.

After researching online and verifying for myself that this was rapid
cycling, I went down to the local hardware store and found a new

replacement
limiter switch for $40, so I purchased it. Installing should be
straightforward since the existing switch is exposed and already wired,
so

just need to set the start/stop limits on the switch.

How are the off/on temperature settings determined? The default settings

on
the switch (out-of-box) a
Off: 95
On: 135
Limit 210

I can't refer to the current settings on the existing switch because the
tech had moved them around before leaving.

Anyone have any knowledge or advice on this?

Cheers in advance - jay