Gunner Asch

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:17:02 -0700, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"xray" wrote in message
.. .

I have some random steel rods I picked up locally. I'm not sure of the
material. Two of them have colors painted on one of the ends: red on one
and orange on the other. I'm wondering if these colors tell me what they
are?

Color codes are not standardized, so unless you have the code from the
particular source, the colors won't tell you much.

Harold

Indeed. It would appear that most if not all suppliers have their own
color codes.

Ive got machine shops with 3-5 color code charts on the wall side by
side..and non of them match.

This sucks of course..but...thats the way it is. Shrug

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner