Herman Family

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
. ..
"Morris Dovey" writes:
Scott Lurndal (in )
said:

| I've got an old radio that needs a B and two A batteries. IIRC
| the B is about 45v. Anyone know of a source? (It's a
| Stewart-Warner three dial battery set from the 30's).

I don't think A and B refer to battery types in this context - but
rather to power _inputs_. IIRC the B supply was the filament supply
and was somewhere around six and a half volts.

There is a diagram attached to the inside of the lid (it's a
gorgeous walnut case) that shows the "A" Battery (yes, I suspect
you are correct in your assessment, A and B are just reference
letters in this context) sized and shaped much like an automobile
battery, and it specifies it as 6v. That would be the filament
supply, I suppose.

The diagram also shows two 45v batteries (both labelled 'B', oddly).
They're short squat square batteries with binding posts on the
top surface.

FWIW it is Stewart-Warner model 303.

scott

Any _really_ old-timers out there who can help with this one?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Try googling B Battery. You will find a few hits on where you can learn
more about this. The three poles on the b battery prevented it from being
put in wrong. You may have to use a battey eliminator instead of the
battery at this point. There are some 22.5 volt batteries to be had,
though I don't recall their designation.

Try this location:
http://www.acksupply.com/catalog/battery.pdf

It may get you what you need.

Michael