Christopher Tidy

Bob Chilcoat wrote:
A friend in Wales had a wrench similar to this (basically what we call a
"Monkey Wrench" in the US, but you turn the handle to close it up, not a
separate knurled roller. His was made by a company called "King Dick" (I'm
serious). He inherited it from his father, and had not seen one like it in
years. It was a great tool, because you can continually tighten it while
you apply torque, so it's less likely to round off the corners of a
fastener. His was around 10" long. I've always wanted one.

King Dick are still in business (http://www.kingdicktools.co.uk/). I
have quite a few King Dick tools. A lot of people laugh the first time
they see them. Most of the King Dick range are very good. Their only
product I have a slight complaint about is the adjustable wrench - the
tolerances aren't quite tight enough.

Chris