Grant Erwin

Bruce - that is exactly what I am after, now to see if they have any
north american outlets. Cheers!

Jim - I should have noted that the length of each unit is 1.5 inches,
so a normal hex nut is not going to work out.

Nobody but you is talking about a regular hex nut. We're talking about a COUPLER
nut which is much longer. It's used for joining threaded rod sections. I've not
followed this thread closely, but it seems to me you want 3/8-16, which coupler
nuts are 1-3/4" long. See McMaster Carr part number 93350A100 for specs on grade
2 galvanized coupler nuts, then just go to Home Depot where they sell threaded
rod, and right next to it will be a little rack where they have their coupler
nuts. They're cheap. 1/2" ones are 99¢ so I'd expect 3/8" ones to be cheaper.
Like Jim Rozen says, you can get a piece of allthread (threaded rod), center
drill the ends, thread on a jam nut, one or more coupler nuts, and another jam
nut, and turn the whole shebang between centers. I'm guessing you could turn
them round in less than 30 seconds per part once you got the process dialed in.
This has got to be your cheapest way to go. Actually, shortening the coupler
nuts to 1-1/2" might take longer than turning them round. Fastest way would be
if you can set a stop in your lathe spindle, and set them up in a 3-jaw and face
them off in one whack.

GWE