Default Searching for threaded sleeve

Hi group, I am looking for threaded sleeve, with a round OD.
Specifically I require .500 round OD, with 3/8 NC thread ID. I have
looked at MSC, Small Parts INC, and a host of other places, and unless
I have overlooked it, I have struck out. Thanks in advance for any
help you can give, ron

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi group, I am looking for threaded sleeve, with a round OD.
Specifically I require .500 round OD, with 3/8 NC thread ID. I have
looked at MSC, Small Parts INC, and a host of other places, and unless
I have overlooked it, I have struck out. Thanks in advance for any
help you can give, ron

Ron, I _think_ I've seen some types of "lamp rod" threaded on the i.d. How
long do you need these? I'm wondering if "joiner nuts" for all-thread might
work.

LLoyd

Rex B

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi group, I am looking for threaded sleeve, with a round OD.
Specifically I require .500 round OD, with 3/8 NC thread ID. I have
looked at MSC, Small Parts INC, and a host of other places, and unless
I have overlooked it, I have struck out. Thanks in advance for any
help you can give, ron

Ron, I _think_ I've seen some types of "lamp rod" threaded on the i.d. How
long do you need these? I'm wondering if "joiner nuts" for all-thread might
work.

Sounds like joiner nuts on a piece of all-thread, turned in a lathe to
knock the corners off down to .500

thanks for the info so far, I should say that I am looking for 100 of
these, so turning the OD on the hex nuts is not too attractive at that
quantity. I have been drilling & threading cold rolled round bar, but
that gets old quick, too. keep any ideas coming!

Bruce Johnstone

Try this site.

http://www.allproducts.com/metal/hsi...005221802.html

Bruce

Bruce - that is exactly what I am after, now to see if they have any
north american outlets. Cheers!

Jim - I should have noted that the length of each unit is 1.5 inches,
so a normal hex nut is not going to work out.