Jon Elson

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I haven't made up my mind yet about whether that recent welder/inverter
thread was a troll or not.

Well, Iggy would not be the first guy on r.c.m to jump into a project
knowing almost nothing about the intricacies involved. I do this
regularly, and find out there are vast areas of special knowledge
in all sorts of areas that I had no idea even existed!

I've done power electronic design, and found out that there are all
sorts of gremlins that might cause a flaky quirk in other electronics,
but causes many dollars of power transistors to explode when it
deals with power and voltages significantly above 5 V.

Jon