Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
I went from the old fashion storage with a header tank to Combi.

I gain the area used by the Hot Water Tank (I have a smal semi) and
lost the problomatic cold water header tank in the attic

I'd like to know what's 'problematic' about a tank with a ball valve? It's
yonks old technology and should work perfectly for many years with
absolutely no attention.

Very rarely use the bath, rather an electric shower, and pay one bill
for all energy used.

Well, if you don't use a bath and you're happy with an electric shower, so
be it.

I did install from scratch a Combi that got round my main Combi
complaint in a flat of mine, the complaint is the wait for the hot
water to the Kitchen sink from the far away Combi. (In the flat I sited
the Combi beside the sink). I guess the installation using existing
Stored water pipes was not the correct thing to do, but we all know the
pressure of making a buck.

No - this is a DIY group and most would be advised to design for
requirements - not making a fast buck.

I cannot help but wonder at modern Combis being sited miles from the
target tap. A new house has the boiler sited in the Garage. Bloody
Regs, I bet.

Since there will be several hot 'taps' in the average house, it's not
possible to have the water heater or store close to all of them.

--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.