Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop wrote:
| This is a pointless survey because
|
| 1) Most people here do not run semi-commercial kitchens

That is a downright daft comment. Many will have domestic
installations, I only included it because for most hot water systems in
the UK it is a * Very Bad Idea* to drink from the Hot water tap. I
happen to know that Combis are different.

I've managed perfectly well for many years by boiling cold water to make a
hot drink. Or boiling water in a pan for cooking, etc.

And for a commercial kitchen most would have some form of 'still' to
provide continuous boiling water.

| 2) Some people may have only used a combi boiler and have nothing to
| compare it with.

Thy will know if they have problems

Plenty will only have experienced a storage system with poor head so
problems with showers, or a 'normal' size combi with problems when filling
a bath. And many seem happy with an electric shower which gives inferior
performance to even the worst combi.

So unless you've experienced a decent storage system which can do
everything required of a hot water system - or had experience of a high
flow combi - the survey is rather meaningless.

--
*Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.