Sunworshipper

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:42:44 -0400, Bill Alliston
wrote:

After a month of driving with the vents wide open in my new used car, I decided that
I had to do something about the sickly smell of pine scent. (The stink was clearly
not going to just, go away on it's own.)

OK . . . . So,,, I already had a ozonator operating on my swimming pool. So I
disconnected it from the pool and jury rigged a 6-9 volt CPU fan over the air inlet
hole and drove it with one of the many power adapters that had kicking around.
Connected both the fan and the ozonator. (Appears to simply be a rectangular air
tight
box with a blue UV?? bulb inside and a half inch air inlet hole on one end and an air

outlet hole on either end.) I ran an extension cord out to the car and let the
ozonator run

I had forgotten the experiment for three days and when I opened the
door the door panel fell squarely off and shattered on the driveway.
When the fresh air hit the interior it crystallized with pretty fuss
and all fell to the floor. While vacuuming the fluff out between the
springs of where the passenger seat was the vacuum stuck to a
cardboard cut out of a tree.

LOL, 'Honey, look I told you I'd find the source of that smell.'

Now the metal working related question!

How can I keep all the exposed metal from rusting?

Reminds me again of how I ruined the step mother's car by washing it
with 50% ZEP. Dad said to clean it very good, he didn't say I
couldn't take it down to the molecular level. ooops

Really shouldn't hurt it too much, spas survive it. I just hate 03
smell and would have been worried it would somehow sick in the car.
I'd rather die from long term chlorine smell than ozone smell.