raden

In message , T i m
writes
On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:16:26 +0100, John Laird
wrote:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:53:58 +0100, Hamie wrote:

Hmm... Isn't the minimum warrenty in the Eu now 36 months? Up recently
from 24 months? Shouldn't the telley thus still be under warrenty...

The legislation is woolly, as I understand it. However, one year would be
regarded as a very short "life" for a TV, so it's worth the argument, yes.

Unfortunatly the shop she bought itself has since gone and the makers
(Samsung) don't seem to want to know? ;-(

I have had stuff go wrong within the yeah and even though we couldn't
find the receipt had it repaied under warantee becuse it was *made*
less than a year ago? You would have thought Samsung might had done
the same?

Maybe had she threatned a 'legal fuss' they might have done somthing
for her .. and she still might ned to but ....

However, I got this from her yesterday after I asked her to do the
'check it in bright light' thing ..

"Well, B****r me!

I forgot to do this when I got home last night, but then I woke up at
3.30 this morning and thought that I may as well try it as it is a
good time with it being dark etc.

So I switch on the TV, and blow me down if it didn't work!

Now, before you say anything, I had tried it several times over a
period of a few weeks and could not get it to do anything, I had tried
adjusting all sorts of things and had even followed the destruction
manual for this type of fault, but could not get it to work.... "

Could be a bad ribbon connector or solder joint then

give it her back, take the kisses and run

--
geoff