Dave Baker

Default Flues cross my boundary - whar are the regs

Subject: Flues cross my boundary - whar are the regs
From: (Kev Parkin)
Date: 21/06/04 23:46 GMT Daylight Time
"Terry" wrote in message
. com...
I think I'd write a brief note stating that your permission should
have been obtained before these pipes were installed, that you have
not given your permission and that you would expect all further work
on the installation to be stopped until you have received written
details of the works for consideration. When you know what it all is,
only then could you consider giving permission.

Suggestions:
1) Keep note brief and to the point. i.e making no other points that could
weaken your argument.
2) Try to obtain some form of agreement (or a nominal payment?). That will
then place on record that it IS an intrusion onto your property.

Hi all, thanks for the feedback, I thought I'd update you on the above
situation.......

Well, Saturday came and with it came white van man!

Hey presto, all pipes and flue removed from boundary wall and re-sited
on adjacent wall. Holes still need making good on external wall - I
still haven't seen or heard from my neighbour though, but it looks
like my friendly note did the trick.

Kev

Result

Well done that man.