Lee Michaels

"Notan" wrote in message
CWatters wrote:

"Nehmo" wrote in message

How should this house be built and what should it have?

Underground?

That thought, too, crossed my mind.

Underground would prevent *all* wind damage, but the house
would have to be 110% waterproof/watertight, and have some
type of above-ground ventilation system.

I knew someone who lived in an underground house on a river plain. It was
underwater at least a month out of the year. The entrance, power, water,
etc. all came in from up the hill. The waste was pumped out to a holding
tank that was emptied regularly.

It was a comfortable house too. No idea how it was constructed. I was a
little young at the time or I would have inquired.