Tony Bryer

In article , John wrote:
It's not a Madrid suite from Been & Queued is it? I have just installed one
of these for someone and the cistern did not have any holes to fix it to the
wall. I have never seen a cistern before without these holes, and I have
installed/repaired 100's. I rang B & Q as I thought it might be a faulty
one to be told by the 'bathroom consultant' that "On the budget suites there
aren't any holes, you stick it to the wall with silicon". I asked how it
would be removed if needed i.e. doughnut washer change, or if it leaked
after installation etc. to which he replied "I've never thought of that".

I've got the same. The weight is taken by the pan so you only need a couple of
small dabs to silicon to steady the cistern which can be easily cut through
with a piece of wire or similar if necessary.

The problem I've got to fix is with the push button flush. You screw the button
part in without tightening it. A month later a combination of water, surface
tension etc now makes it irremovable without removing the cistern from the pan.
When I do it I'll probably file off most of the thread and reassemble with
silicon grease.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]