JANA

Some of the Sony models have been having problems with the laser units. The
practical side of things is to make sure it can travel freely, and that the
lens is clean. If the laser is defective, this will be too expensive to
replace.

--

JANA
_____

sck0006 wrote in message
Unit is a Sony DVP-NS715P, ser no 2026425 2b, that only plays some
DVD's. The girl I'm looking at it for said it only plays one disk,
but I could only get it to not play one of my disks, and it played all
others normally. I know the DVD it doesn't play is good, the player's
lens is completely clean, I cleaned it with good isopropyl just to be
sure, still the same thing. It searches the disk for a while, and
then says the disk cannot be played. Any idea what sort of problem
this is? All help appreciated, as always.

Steve