kip

No such a thing as High End Zenith...
Sounds like the regular Zenith CRT failure..

Best Replace the thing..
kip
"Ryan Underwood" wrote in message
Got a high end Zenith TV, think it's a 29". Looks to be somewhere from
90-94
model. S-video, PiP, lots of dandy stuff for a CRT set. Don't have the
model
number on hand, I'll post it later. Hasn't been turned on in about 5
years.
The picture is darker than it should be and a little blurry. The CRT
filaments
do not appear to be as bright as they ought to be. Tried adjusting the
focus
and brightness on the flyback without much success, only washed the image
out
more. Is it likely to be a junker, or maybe something wrong in the
flyback or
the power supply of the CRT? The thing I don't like is not seeing bright
orange CRT filaments. I think that may mean trouble. Too bad, it's a
nice
set otherwise.