Eugene Nine

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:59:00 -0400, W Canaday
wrote:

I have, however, owned two Geo Metros. Very reliable little car, very
high mileage. My first long trip in one (4 spd. manual, 3 cyl.) netted 52
mpg, Detroit to Minneapolis ... mostly at speeds clearly not posted. City
mileage was about 37 mpg.

It's a good car. Easy to maintain. Needs to come back.

And, how exactly do they fare in crash tests? If I'm dead, good mileage
didn't help me much.

They actually do decent in crash _tests_ like other small cars since they
have such low weight they practically bounce off of the test wall. IN real
world crashes they don't do so well.