Stephen

Default Cheap drills

"sPoNiX" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:18:17 +0100, "Steve"
wrote:

On that vein anyone know of a combined drill/counter sink bit that

actually
works? tried a few over the years and either the drill bit comes loose or
the countersink does

Now, I saw some the other day in a local surplus store. There were
about five of them in a wooden box. Looked reasonable quality.

I'd check the surplus stores around your area.

sPoNiX

Have had a few of them problem i find is the drill and countersink are
normally attached together with a little allen grubscrew and if you use the
drill bit in the chuckthen the countersink tends to slip or if you use the
countersink in the chuck then the flutes on the drill tend to cut off the
end of the grubscrew I even tried grinding a flat on the drill but even this
wore away the grubscrew after a while

I have a Stanley cat somewhere will have to see if the one Dave mentioned
that was in one piece is still arround

Steve