Clif Holland

#449 Carpet hold down strip. Don't know what it's really called...

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
According to R.H. :
This week's photos have been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. I lost my newsfeed last week, and then the ISP totally
stopped handling news, so I was not able to post about the last week's
collection. I'm now on newsguy, at least until I can get a new feed.

Anyway -- again posting from rec.crafts.metalworking:

448a) Perhaps a resistive voltage drop for using something like
a travel iron on another country's voltages. It looks as though
it has a ceramic resistive element inside, and the perforated
metal cover is to keep the user from getting burned from the
dissipated heat.

448b-d) Adaptors from various countries' outlets to US ones. I *think*
that (b) and (c) are UK styles from many years ago -- perhaps
the 1950s.

(d) is an unusual design, and I have no idea which country that
one was for.

All seem to have Bakelite moldings -- except for (a), which is
mostly metal and ceramic -- though the end plates may be
phenolic.

449) It looks like some sort of sliding track for adjustable height
shelving. Perhaps from a refrigerator, perhaps from a
bookshelf.

450) The flat head looks similar to the sheet metal hammer from
last week, but I'm not sure about the pointed end, which would
seem counterproductive for most sheet metal work.

I don't think that it is a geologist's hammer, though.

451) And old fashioned TV antenna rotator control box. The rocker
switch allows turning the antenna clockwise or
counter-clockwise, and the meter shows a voltage coming back
from the head to indicate the current compass direction
(presuming that it was properly installed initially. :-)

452) Old fashioned automobile battery cell tester. The prongs
probe through the tar which normally covered the cell terminals,
the zig-zag piece of metal was the load resistance, and the
cylindrical object was the meter to read the condition of the
cell.

453) Now *this* one is an interesting one. I *think* that it is an
old-fashioned ink pen, with the pen and nib drawn out of the
scabbard, and the ink under the scallop shell lid.

Now to see what others have guessed.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564