wmbjk

On 8 Sep 2005 09:55:28 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Ive been asked to take a position as an Industrial Arts instructor at
a Pasadena California highschool.

You should take it. I think high school kids need to be exposed
to alternative personalities.

Agree, but I think the real benefit to the students would be seeing
the example of an alternative *career*. A "this is your brain..." sort
of thing. ;-) But seriously, I don't believe he could go a couple of
hours without dividing the class up into left and right. And he'd be
very likely to substitute his own rules of conduct whenever he
disagrees with the ones in place. But perhaps most importantly,
there's about a 100% possibility of embarrassing repercussions when
the students and their parents come upon Gunner's Usenet posting
history. I wouldn't be surprised if there are administrators who are
too slack to Google his name, but the students are going to do it five
minutes. Taking such a job without proper disclosure would be a mean
thing to do to the guy who recommended him.

Wayne