Ed Earl Ross

because of the high proce of gas, would putting a motor on a bicycle be
practicle to get to work a few days a week? I live about 18 miles away
it is all highway with a wide berm for bicycles. I have a spare 5 horse
motor from an old tiller. Could I mount a bracket and put it above my
back wheel to drive the back wheel on my 10 speed mountain bike? Would
I be able to pedal it home if the engine failed? How would I rig a
clutch of some sort or would I even need it? Seems like an interesting
project.

How fast could you go with a 5 horse motor?

Some places the speed of unlicensed vehicles and motorized bicycles
is limited, check your local laws.

--
Humbly--Ed

"If the man doesn't believe as we do,
we say he is a crank, and that settles it.
I mean, it does nowadays, because now we
can't burn him." (Mark Twain)