Derek

Default Cheap drills

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:58:52 +0100, Simon Pleasants wrote:

Having only bought my own place a year ago I've recently had a lot of
DIY projects on the go (mostly fairly tame ones) and a few months back
was forced to buy a drill when the one I was borrowing was recalled by
its owner. snip

I have been a long standing fan of Bosch, Dewalt and Makita and most of my
tools are one of those brands. About 6mts ago I was in Aldi doing some
shopping and I saw a 1000W SDS+ drill for sale for £25.00, complete with a
selection of bits. It came with a 3 year warranty (6mts professional use).
I have been using it on my new extension for taking up paths, drilling
into the house and channeling concrete. I have to say it is the best tool
per £ I have ever bought. It hasn't complained once even though I have
given it a fair bit of abuse. I'm nearly certain that it is a "Craft"
brand drill, well worth it.

I would buy another one if it was on sale tomorrow....