BillyBob

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message

I eyeballed a hybrid a couple years ago but lost interest when they
said I'd have to replace the batteries every 3-5 years at a cost of
more than 8 grand. I sincerely hope that's not true of the newer ones,
but it's kept me away from serious consideration ever since.

The other factor is that a hybrid is a *MUCH* more complex and sophisticated
piece of machinery - more things to break, more specialized parts. Early
reports of high reliability are just that - early reports. Let's see what
happens to them in 5-10 years.

I still love my 1991 Toyota previa with 180,000 miles. My average mainteance
cost for last four years has been less than $400/year. I don't need no
stinkin' electric motor.

Anyone remember the Cadillac 4-6-8?

Bob