jw

I guess the true questions for this post is have we as society become
so soft that we can't fend for ourselves anymore? Have we become too
reliant on people providing for us? Whatever happened to Basic Survival
101?

Funny you should mention this. My wife and I were having a
disagreement about this very thing. When it got to the point where she
ran out of "good" arguments she said "well, it's a good thing you
arent' there. You would have been the first one dead. You don't even
know how to pack for camping."

The basis for that statement, I am sure, is that my version of camping
involves: a fishing line, hook, blade of some sort, a pot and some
matches. Depending on season maybe a sleeping bag and tent. (firearms
are generally prohibited in most camping areas, but that doesn't always
stop me.)

She packs everything under the freaking sun and then whines that her
pack is too heavy.

Survivalist she ain't. I was too floored by her comment to even come
up with a response. Only thing I could thing of was "I'm not dumb
enough to get caught in that predicament in the first place".

JW