Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
Ignoramus25850 wrote:

A post by Wayne, which I at first disagreed with, made me think.

I already have a generator, my notorious Onan DJE

Hey Ig,

The FerroUps will do OK, for what you intend, with the understanding
that it isn't very power efficent at low loadings. That just means that
you will be running your genset a bit more to make up for that lack of
effcency. I just scored a 36Vdc Forklift Battery for my operations,
that had a total of 200 hours of use. (the forklift died, and no parts
available for that old of unit) I will be splitting the bank into two
seperate systems, one 24Vdc for my Trace 4024, and one 12Vdc to run
the 12V Buss in the Cabin. The Trace will be charging the 24Vdc bank,
and I have a very nice 40 Amp Regulated PowerSupply to float across
the 12Vdc bank. Nothing like a 1200Amp/Hr battery to keep things running
while the gensets rests.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @