Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "FDR" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article , "FDR"
wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
news In article .com,
"Dumbo" wrote:

Pookie wrote:

cut long nonsensical blabbering...
Primary responsibility for this disaster remains with local officials
like
Nagin and Blanco, not President Bush.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WILL THESE PEOPLE EVER TAKE RESPONSIBIITY FOR
ANYTHING? My 3 years old has more sense of duty than these clowns...

What, you're expecting responsible behavior from Louisiana Democrats?
You
probably believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, too...

Bush continually ****s up and he keeps his job. Anywhere else he would
have
been fired. How many more have to die because of him?.

Excuse me... how is it Bush's fault that the city of New Orleans and the
State
of Louisiana have known for _forty_years_ that this would happen in a
Cat-4
hurrincane, and did nothing about it?

They did do something about it. They got a plan started to upgrade the
levees.

But that plan has been there since the _Johnson_ administration. How is it now
_Bush's_ fault that the plan was not implemented?

--
Regards,

Greetings,

In fact, I am outraged that my federal tax dollars are going to pay for
any of this. How about I build a house at low tide and when high tide
comes I collect money and aid from the federal government?

Call me crazy, but I don't see how it is my responsibility to pay for
people who chose to live below sea level surrounded by bodies of water
the smallest of which is the Mississippi River. They chose to live
below sea level and now I have to pay money to them? No, I don't think
they should be prevented from living below sea level-- but when
something happens I shouldn't get the bill either. If they weren't
100% sure they would be bailed out if anything ever did happen perhaps
they would have done something about the levees earlier.

I have a vacant 5 bedroom house, a vacant 4 bedroom house, and 4 cars.
If this was a free market economy I would be willing to drive down
there and pick up people and let them stay with me for $50/room/night.
I would be willing to rent the cars for something like $30/day for in
town use. That would come to just less than $20,000 if everyone made a
minimum one month commitment. Win/win situation for everyone, right?
The problem is that this isn't a free market economy and the government
gives everyone such a security blanket that they have none of their
own. Since people aren't allowed to purchase the services that they
desperately need they suffer.

Hope this helps,
William