Upscale

"Archangel" wrote in message

I'll have to recheck the literature that came with my cordless combo kit,
I may have just assumed the batteries were considered one of consumable
items not covered.

At the very least, figure that the initial cost of the drill includes one or
two occurrences of the replacement or rebuilding cost of batteries that have
died. I'm also sure they figure that newer technology would have taken over
a certain time period after that and the owner will upgrade anyway. Lifetime
warranty often means only while the product is active in the market. I'm
willing to bet this model won't be active fifteen years from now. Hell, it
will probably be considered an antique by then.

Can anyone tell that I'm a cynical SOB?