Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , plh
wrote:

In article ,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Nick_M=FCller?= says...

plh wrote:

The thing with the circle drawn around it was being used in Germany to
straighten Micrometers as part of the repair process.

Micrometers? Are you nuts? This is more for the brutal job. But also,
there might be smaller variants.

Believe it or not, yes. It's used to straighten the frame. You have to be
pretty
brutal to bend a micrometer frame, but it happens. When it is close enough
you
lap in the carbide contacts.

We call it "Franzose" (Frenchman), the French call it "Clee Anglais"
(English wrench) and the English call it "French key".

Does that help?

I just posted a pile of photos of the wrench I have.

Go to the www.Metalworking.com dropbox

and look for the files that start with Czech_wrench

--
"I love deadlines, especially the wooshing sound they make as
they fly by" - Douglas Adams