ARWadsworth

Default New switch wiring

"...Jerry..." wrote in message

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
. ..
snip

but unless I misread the reply, there is only a L2 and common for the

left
switch. (bit odd really, why don't they lable it L1 then?!!!)

I think you miss read it, both switches on the face plate are two way, one
being used as a two way and the other is being used as a one way, it is

this
latter switch that has caused the problem.

As simple as swapping L1 for L2 on the left switch. And the OP may have
wired up the new switch identically to the old switch. Some switches have
for some annoying reason the words use L2 for one way operation.

Adam