Grant P. Beagles

Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Morris Dovey wrote:
Australopithecus scobis (in
) said:

| I don't have any battery-powered tools (just scads of small AA-eater
| gadgets). Just wanted to toss this idea out to you folks who use
| them: would you find any use for a cranked charger, like the
| cranked radios? Higher current draw, of course...

I think I sense a great idea coming on: How about attaching the crank
directly to the tool so as to eliminate batteries altogether - I think
you could make a drill with cranked gearing...or even a drill that is
just a chuck attached to a crank.

Some of the tools in this family could even be simple push-pull tools:
How about a screwdriver that all you had to do was push-pull on the
handle? A push-pull saw or a push-pull jointer (or even a push-pull
sander!)

Great ideas, Morris. You could even add a little red lens and
magnifying glass and equip those saws with a solar guide!

Iowa retro tools. Gotta love it!g

Now you're on to something! ROTFLMAO