F. George McDuffee

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:04:13 GMT, Ignoramus25850
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:45:09 -0500, F George McDuffee wrote:
Chavez is behaving in several vary dangerous ways for "world
piece." Sadam Hussein took these same actions immediately before
the invasion.

snip
That was a very insightful post. If we "follow the money", then we can
see that there is every bit of interest for the Bush administration to
overthrow Chavez and, if necessary, to invade Venezuela. (his
contributors benefitting financially from higher oil prices, for
example) Doing so would be stupid and harmful to our society, but
that's not a good enough reason to say that it would not happen or
that there is no intention to do so. After all, invading Iraq was also
stupid and harmful.

That said, an invasion is something that requires more preparations
than an armada sailing in a particular direction.

and not having a hurricane that destroys one of your major sea
ports and c.20% of your country, requiring the deployment of a
considerble portion of your remaining reserve active and national
guard units.