Grunff

Default Diamond wheel tile cutters

Mike Dodd wrote:

okay, to be more constructive... I have used the rotary tile cutters, and as
an earlier poster pointed out you do tend to get wet through with the splash
from the disk. This water, however, is laden with ceramic (or whatever) dust
from the cut (take a look at the colour of your tee-shirt after it dries!)
so I'd hate to get that in my eyes.

Ok, agreed so far.

Also, after a few seconds of use you
tend to end up craning your neck trying to work out where your carefully
marked line (which is being obliterated by the water/dust combo) is, which
tends to result in more face-flung water.

In all the cutting I've done so far, never wearing goggles, I've yet to
end up with a single drop in my eyes.

And, every now and then, you'll
feel a small chip hit the old forehead - a sure sign that this is a good
time to be wearing safety specs.

And no chips either.

I'm one of the many that the OP refers to with amazement, I tend to have an
unhealthy disregard for my own safety, however, angle grinders and the
rotary tile cutter are two devices that I'll always dig out those old specs
for.

Up to you.

--
Grunff