pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Gunner wrote back on
Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:25:00 GMT in misc.survivalism :
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:07:47 GMT, "Gary H. Lucas"
wrote:

You mean you still don't get it? Some disasters, like Katrina go so far
beyond you helping yourself that it is difficult to imagine. Helping
yourself works, right up to the point where all of your preparation doesn't
mean ****, because it's not the disaster you always planned for.

Then you didnt plan well and your preps were not good enough.

Years ago, I was doing some research and planning for surviving the
Immanent Nuclear War the liberals were talking about. One of my
co-respondents popped the big question: you're across town getting the last
of the supplies (TP I think he said) and the bombs go off, now what?
"ooops".

At which point you fall back on the knowledge in your head: "adapt,
improvise and overcome." If you've ever read "Farnham's Freehold", you can
see what I mean. He goes through WW3 twice. The first time in his well
built and stocked underground shelter, the second time, all he has is his
wife's car, a couple hundred in silver dollars, and knowledge. He makes it
through the second time, too.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"MTV may talk about lighting fires and killing children,