Jonathan Webb

Default Central Heating Install: Building Control system/procedures etc

Any Experience of dealing with Part L Building Regs/Building Control &
how to not fall foul of the system would be welcomed

Particularly:
1. What things MUST be done by a "competent"/qualified person (eg
connect up the boiler) - can I physically install it (bolt it to wall
etc & connect it to the primary circuit)? NB I need a sealed CH system
and new HW cyl. (Not been convinced about Combis, esp flow rate - my
bath HW flows @16 litres/min. & I don't want to get into the Great Combi
Debate, at least not in this thread ;-) )

2. It seems that the fee must be based on a written estimate from a
plumber - which is unethical to get one round to quote when I have not
the wherewithal to get them to do the job, esp as they must know that it
costs £4-5k for most CH- is this just my local Council, or how they are
required to operate?

Ta
Jonathan