IMM

Default Ariston or Vokera boiler?

"John" wrote in message

"Colin eclipse 2" wrote in message

Not every situation can be fitted with a condensing boiler due to
nuiscance
pluming (flats, etc) - so a choice will still be available (B

rated).

Learnt that yesterday at a Corgi seminar.. (I previously thought as

you
did)

The minimum is 86%. Band B is from 86% to 90%. All boilers in band B

are
condensing boilers. No non-condensing boiler is permitted next year.

Only relating what we were told - no specific information in the

handouts.

Warm air is not affected by legislation - to improve efficiency, lagging

the
ductwork was suggested.

There is still a huge market for back boilers (replacements) - no

condensing
models available (we were told)

ISTR somewhere reading that condensing boilers would be the norm "unless

not
feasible due to overriding considerations" I took this to mean where no
means of disposal of condensate to a suitable discharge point could be
provided. Many back boiler sites could be adapted with a discharge point

but
not all. Listed buildings would also be likely exemptions to avoid ripping
the place about unreasonably.
As with all these Prescott department edicts expect it to be a total

cock-up
(IMHO)

AN your opinion is useless.