IMM

Default Ariston or Vokera boiler?

"Colin eclipse 2" wrote in message

Not every situation can be fitted with a condensing boiler due to

nuiscance
pluming (flats, etc) - so a choice will still be available (B rated).

Learnt that yesterday at a Corgi seminar.. (I previously thought as

you
did)

The minimum is 86%. Band B is from 86% to 90%. All boilers in band B

are
condensing boilers. No non-condensing boiler is permitted next year.

Only relating what we were told - no specific
information in the handouts.

So just tittle tattle.

Warm air is not affected by legislation - to
improve efficiency, lagging the
ductwork was suggested.

The USA has condensing forced air units. J&S have add on condensing units,
that a conventional flue runs through. There is no reason why forced air
can't follow suit for new builds, exceptions should be here for replacements
as drains cannot be installed in many situations.

There is still a huge market for back boilers
(replacements) - no condensing
models available (we were told)

True none available. and it will be near impossible to get a drain fitted to
them. Back boilers are waste of time anyway: noisy, drag in fluff, have
large vents in the room that cause drafts. A waste of time.