Ed Sirett

Default Potterton Netaheat 16-10 Earthing Plate

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 00:38:25 -0700, Michael Burrows wrote:

Since we moved into this house 6 months ago our boiler has failed 3
times. On each occasion the problem is a corroded earthing plate in
the igition system. This is the part that the spark jumps to to light
the pilot.

On each occasion the fitter refuses to believe that the part was
replaced on the last occasion, its in such a bad state. I rang the
tech advice at Potterton and they say we should check the polarity.
Fitter did that and says its OK.

The parts supplier the fitter used says the new replacement parts do
not have a long lifetime - but 3 months?

Anybody got any ideas?

It might be there is a small leak from the exchnager which is
dripping onto this plate causing the corrosion. I know of many Netaheat
installations and they are not chomping though earthing plates.

Also it might be that it is getting unduly heated by a misplaced flame
(eg. crud or dmamge to pilot or main burner nearby.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk