Larry Jaques

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:11:19 GMT, the blithe spirit "Rick M"
clearly indicated:

"Larry Jaques" wrote
Oh, bullpuckey. Nicads improved, LIon batts came out, air batteries
came out, lithiums improved, chargers improved. Change is still
happening.

You're absolutely right Larry ... but since the discussions on the wreck
have devolved into subjective shouting matches, any attempt to apply facts
and analyze the situation gets drowned out.

"Facts ... we don't need no stinkin' facts!"

You're probably right. sigh

This thread will be spun the way of pretty much every other thread in the
past year or so ... completely out of control, with logic tossed out the
window, and the "winner" will be the person that enflames the most readers.
Kind of like what our press is doing today ... except the press does it for
money, these amateurs do it for fun.

I countered most of the arguments brought forth on the theory that battery
technology hit the ceiling, only to see yet another "yea, but" divergence
that has little or nothing to do with the topic at hand. It has gotten to
the point where I killfile people that "yea, but" conversations just to
argue ... and I see that I'm nuking about 50% of the daily messages.

My "I" button kicks out a lot more than that nowadays. sigh2

I think I'll just head back to my shop and make some sawdust. I've decided I
need to make a couple of scratch gauges and I'm going to attempt to make
myself some cam clamps. Once I've gotten those out of the way I'm going to
start on a scratch-built guitar (no kits, no reverse-engineered plans ...
just starting with an idea and a book). I like the idea of using native
woods in my projects, thought the thought of anything but a spruce top has
people cringing.

Acoustic gitfiddle? Yeah, they probably cringe for good reason.
But your first is your -practice- gitfiddle, so go for it!

Let's see ... rock maple and cherry, no poly and no stain
(well, I MIGHT tint the fretboard for contrast). If it doesn't play, I'll
use it as a splitting maul!

If you must, fume the cherry or use some potassium dichromate on it.

Any progress on your bow saw? (really big grin!)

No, not lately. Hold your breath and I'll let you know, Blue.

..-.
Better Living Through Denial
---
http://www.diversify.com Wondrous Website Design