Derek ^

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 11:30:57 +0100, Colin Wilson
wrote:

She had tried to contact the supplier but they have since gone and
apparently the manufacturer wants 'silly money' even to have a look at
it, with repair guesstimates of around 200 quid ( near the current new
price of such items)?

How did she pay ? - I wonder if she might have a case against a credit
card issuer as the goods were not of durable quality.

12 months on a £400 TV is hardly what i`d call a reasonable lifespan.

Some of the projection TV's have a lamp, the replacement of which is a
£200++ item and have a service life of 2,000 Hrs.

Telly on 12 hrs/day, life expectancy =167 days = 5.5 months !

Actually I had assumed the OP was talking about a thin TFT TV. But
there's nothing in the post to say so.

Tim, the bulb's not gone has it?

http://forums.teamphoenixrising.net/...p/t-28023.html

DG