jo4hn wrote:
Roy Smith wrote:
[snip] span are more like 1000's fold.

But, you know what sucks about my laptop? The battery. It's probably 25%
of the weight of the machine, and can't keep it running more than about a
half hour any more.

I have a laptop that is about three years old. Battery is fine. Why is
that you say? I usually use it in a house that has electric outlets.
I plug the damn thing into to the house current. I guess you use it
in places where there is no such thing?

So how come they don't make a dual-power recharable tools?

....although I'm guessing the answer to this is because a battery is
capable of delivering a crapload of power in a short timeframe, which
would require a prohibitavely expensive power delivery unit
(e.g. massive transformer) for that kind of current draw.

Still, that's an option I'd like to be able to buy, or include instead
of the extra battery.